Theme party. Aja's birthday. It's "Around the World," i.e. dress up like a foreigner and drink the beer of said country.

So I love theme parties, and used to throw quite a few, so ask me to dress up and I'm all in. The rest of the party, however, does not have my same enthusiasm so I kind of felt like Bridget Jones when she shows up at the Tarts & Vicars party in a Playboy Bunny costume, and no one told her they changed it to a regular ol' party and she's the only one dressed up.
Beer fixes my embarrassment. Ok so it wasn't that bad, I did look cool and got the most compliments.


Here's to celebrating my one-eighth Germanity (yes, that is a word now). And to drinking out of glasses that hold 4 or 5 bottles of beer. Prost!!
Choices- the whole world? Tunisia? Nothing???
He doesn't even know. I may remove his Team Best status.
Here's another one... Danielle. Can you guess??

Boston. Is not a country. But she was just reppin' her team which LOST pathetically so she drowns her sorrows in beer pong.
The birthday girl Aja is the one in the red asianish robe. Get it??
The birthday girl Aja is the one in the red asianish robe. Get it??So I chose not to join in the beer pong but to stand in the next room and watch it and make snide comments with Daniel (per usual). Here is my reasoning- you're drinking beer that had a ball in it. Don't kid yourself that a quick dunk in a cup of water or the alcohol content of Coors Light is saving you from drinking a dirty nasty domestic beer. You might as well just lick the floor, eat a few clumps of hair from the dog that was running around the kitchen, lick the dog, and then pound a few warmish beers. I know it doesn’t sound as fun to those of you who play it, but to me, neither does throwing ping pong balls across a table.
The highlight of the night had to be the sketch on SNL “People getting punched just before eating.” The funniest shit on the show since… I don’t remember. How sad is that?
Ok here, watch it a few times, please. Then email Lorne Michaels and ask him why there isn’t more shit like this on the show.
The highlight of the night had to be the sketch on SNL “People getting punched just before eating.” The funniest shit on the show since… I don’t remember. How sad is that?
Ok here, watch it a few times, please. Then email Lorne Michaels and ask him why there isn’t more shit like this on the show.
So the fact that zombies are in it really makes it an overall success. When they showed up at the end, dancing, Daniel correctly asserted that they “made my night.” He knows how much I love the walking dead. Those crazy cats.
Luckily I made it home safely, no zombie attacks, and I had a snack before bed without Andy Samberg showing up to punch me. Actually, I wish he had. That would have been cool.



No comments:
Post a Comment