15 May 2008

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to


So tomorrow's my birthday, why am I not excited?

Reasons my birthday kinda sucks this year:

1. I finished finals yesterday, and my brain feels like melted ice cream.

2. I was going to take the day off of work, play hooky and go to Glen Ivy. I have a gift certificate, people took the day off work for me, but my boss is going on a trip so I must work. Instead of sitting by the pool, coating myself with mud and sipping iced tea, I'll be running the office. Wheee!

3. I have no idea what to do on my birthday. I keep getting asked what I want to do and I can't decide. This ties in to reason #1 somehow.

4. My weekend is jam-packed with other people's celebrations. Yay, you graduated! Yay, you're getting married! Yay, it's your birthday too! I have many parties to attend, and none for little old me. Aaron wants to take me shopping, but we don't even have time to go. Bleh.

5. My birthday party or whatever my friend is planning isn't for at least a month. Yes, one month after my actual birthday.


So here's my internal struggle, why am I so selfish? Should I expect all of these complaints to vanish, because I need to get over myself? Do I even want to get older? Not really, but at least I still look younger than my age. For now.

So here's to me, let's see how it all turns out. It may be an ok birthday after all, maybe I just need to suck it up.

On the bright side: I'm not 30 yet. I don't have wrinkles yet. I'm working my butt off towards school and writing, so, hey at least I feel further along than at my last birthday. And at least someone is planning something for me, but I'm afraid of what it is. And lastly, I think after 25, birthdays are just supposed to suck a little.

3 comments:

wetsox said...

happy birthday. and yes, after 25, they do suck balzac. i'm turning 30 in november...

sarah said...

so I really think we need to plan a real glen ivy day soon. we'll both take off and go and do something. for reals.

[this is sarah, btw]

Shantastic said...

Hi, it's Shannon. I just now read your post and I'm sorry that your birthday weekend was not as much fun as it should have been! But yeah... 25 was the best birthday I ever had. I think this year for 28, I might be driving back to California from Washington. Lame.